|The Red Poppy|
Here are a few illustrations I have done for children's books. I work in a variety of mediums but always looking for new ways to get a visual image across. I'm experimenting with 3d builds, collage and watercolour in Photoshop at the moment- you can see the results with Fairy Glad which is now out in an anthology 'Read Me Another One Please'
For 'The Red Poppy' written by David Hill (Scholastic March 2012). I worked in oil paint, chalk pastel and photoshop to create the illustrations for this very special ANZAC book. 'Far Far from Home' by Elizabeth Pulford published by Scholastic is created almost entirely in digital collage.
Wearable Wonders is a non fiction book all about wearable art inspiration and creation and is a must have for the home and classroom! Ghoulish Get -Ups is the follow up companion and with these two books, you'll have everything you need for costuming on a shoestring!
If you'd like to see more of my work go to my online portfolio here
|from Itiiti's Gift by Melanie Drewery|
and here arethe trade books I've illustrated and some that I've written...
Published Works & Awards
- The Little Yellow Digger and The Big Ship text by Peter Gilderdale (Scholastic 2021)
- Marvellous Marvin text by Nadia Lim (Scholastic 2020)
- The Little Yellow Digger Saves Christmas text by Peter Gilderdale (Scholastic 2020)
- Lockdown Sketchmind (Cuba Press 2020)
- The Last Crayon (Book Hungry Bears, Pukeko Pictures 2019)
- The Best Stick (Book Hungry Bears, Pukeko Pictures 2019)
- Grandad’s Guitar text by Janine McVeigh (Submarine Press)
- Torty and the Soldier text by Jennifer Beck (Scholastic 2017)
- Ghoulish Get Ups (Scholastic 2014)
- Wearable Wonders (Scholastic 2013)
- Far, Far From Home text by Elizabeth Pulford (Scholastic 2012)
- The Red Poppy text by David Hill (Scholastic 2012)
- Glory (Junior Fiction novel, Scholastic 2009)
- Itiiti's Gift text by Melanie Drewery (Reed 2006)
- Papa's Island text by Melanie Drewery (Reed 2006)
- Waka Wairua: The Spirit Waka text by Yvonne Morrison (Reed 2005)
- Janie Olive: A Recipe for Disaster! (Junior Fiction novel Scholastic 2005)
- Verity's Truth (Junior Fiction novel, Scholastic 2003)
- Toroa text by Te Aorere Riddell and photographs by Brian Gunson (Huia 2001)
- Get Real Paddy Manson text by Ruth Corrin (HarperCollins 1996)
- Midnight Feast text by Elizabeth Pulford (Scholastic 1996)
- Fifi's Festive Fun (Ashton Scholastic 1995)
- Fifi's Crafty Arts 2 (Ashton Scholastic 1995).
- Fifi's Crafty Arts (Ashton Scholastic 1995)
- Not Without Randolph text by Ruth Corrin (Ashton Scholastic 1993)
- Mr Magee Came Home for His Tea text by Janet Slater Redhead (Ashton Scholastic 1986)
- Oldest Garden in China text by Anthony Holcroft (Whitcoulls 1985)
- Rain text by Barbara Hill (Ashton Scholastic 1984).
- Old Man and the Cat text by Anthony Holcroft (Whitcoulls 1984)
- Storylines Notable Book Awards 2006 Junior Fiction List for Janie Olive.
- Storylines Notable Book Awards 2007 Picture Books List for Itiiti's Gift.
- Storylines Notable Book Awards 2010 Junior Fiction List for Glory.
- Esther Glen Award 2010 Finalist for Glory.
- Storylines Notable Book Award (Picture Books) 2013 for The Red Poppy
- Finalist New Zealand Post Book Awards 2014 (Non fiction) for Wearable Wonders
- Winner LIANZA Elsie Locke Award 2014 (Non fiction) for Wearable Wonders
- Storylines Notable Book Award 2015 (Non fiction) for Ghoulish Get Ups
- Finalist New Zealand Book Awards 2015 (Non fiction) for Ghoulish Get Ups
- Finalist Tessa Duder Award 2016 for YA fiction
- Storylines Notable Book Award 2018 (Picture Books) for Torty and the Soldier
- Finalist New Zealand Book Awards 2018 (Picture Books) for Torty and the Soldier